Media attacks on business

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 18 20:07:27 PDT 1999

Peter Kilander wrote:

>Mr. X want to be on your radio show? Are publicists part of your program's
>demo?

I'm listed in several talk radio directories as a host of a show on economics & business, so all kinds of low-rent publicists are always calling & faxing & emailing with their schemes. One thing that surprised me when I got into this lucrative racket known as journalism is just how much of the product is driven by publicists. Your typical press kit now includes a list of 10 suggested questions, so that broadcast hosts - their producers, really, since they do all the legwork - don't even have to read the press release!

Doug