Gentrification

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Mon Aug 23 08:45:15 PDT 1999

> While minorities are somewhat less likely than whites to
> support DP, the
> fact of the matter is that the abosulte majorities in all ethnic goups
> support it. Which, to my recollection, was the point Max S.
> tried to make.

Perhaps interesting from a sociological standpoint, but I'm not sure where this gets us in an ethical sense. I'm with Thoreau on this one: "Any man more right than his neighbors constitutes a majority of one." There is no possible claim of political expedience, ethnic sensitivity or what have you that will budge me from the position that capital punishment is immoral and should not exist.

Carl