Abortion stops Crime- from the horse's mouth

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Aug 24 07:03:40 PDT 1999

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> Actually Michael (P), this won't work for their argument; the drop in the
> overall birth rate means nothing if the percentage of demon spawn most
> prone to crime (due to bad mothering? genes?) nonetheless rises. Or to put
> it another way: Even if the percentage of 18-25 year olds were increasing,
> they would predict a reduction in crime as long as the crime prone ones
> were being nixed in the womb.

Yes, but like I said, even we assume that demon mothers used abortion more than they used all other forms of contraception combined (for which they give no evidence), the policy recommendation would be even starker: increasing contraception use among demon spawners would be a cheaper and easier way of achieving the same end. We would already be assuming unmet demand.

And naturally, if we assume that aborted zygotes are swamped by contracepted ones, even among the racially demonized -- who, as we non-horses know, seem mainly to have the same pregnancy behavior as the rest of us -- then all these correlations are swamped too.

You and I both agree that the numbers are just a sleight of hand to take your eye off the old demon seed thesis it all stands or falls with.

Michael