KKK armed march threatened in Columbus, OH

Wed Aug 25 07:26:32 PDT 1999

Left listers to arms to defense of Yoshie and other comrades.

Charles Brown

((((((((((((((

||| |||

||| A N T I F A |||

||| |||

||| I N F O - B U L L E T I N |||

||| _____ |||

||| |||

||| * News * Analysis * Research * Action * |||

||| |||

*****

||/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\|/\||/\||
|| * -- ALERT -- * -- August 24, 1999 -- * -- ALERT -- * ||
||\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/||\/||

* ANTI-FASCIST ALERT *

_____ _________________________________________________________________

KKK THREATENS ARMED MARCH IN COLUMBUS, OHIO! _________________________________________________________________

* * *

* ANTI-RACIST ACTION - COLUMBUS *

P.O. Box 82097

Columbus, Ohio 43202

Tel: 614-424-9074

E-mail: ara at coil.com

Web: http://www.coil.com/~ara

- Sunday, 22 August 1999 -

----- _________________________________________________________________

SAY NO TO HATE SEPTEMBER 11th IN COLUMBUS, OHIO _________________________________________________________________

* * *

Throughout the Summer, the Ku Klux Klan has suffered innumerable defeats at the hands of Anti-Racist Action and local communities throughout the midwest. The nazis have been confronted and humiliated every time they've stepped out of the shadows, and are now looking to exact revenge, particularly in light of the very real physical losses they and their supporters suffered earlier this season in Kettering, Ohio. Their plan, to march ARMED through the downtown city streets and urban neighborhoods of Columbus will not go unopposed.

Because Pomp and Circumstance, as well as the image of power and solidarity attract marginalized people who are relatively powerless and looking for an alternative to the current social superstructure to the Klan, and allow them to propagate their anti-human message they must be stopped from marching armed by any means necessary.

Communities across the country are sick and tired of fascist lunatics and their now weekly murder sprees. It's time for us all to show our homegrown would be oppressors and tyrants that our bonds of community, and the strength thereof is the REAL power in the Midwest, not their imaginary white "race", nor their guns, their robes, or their battalions of wannabe nazi-era stormtrooper re-enactors. They thrive under the cover of darkness and on the apathy and fear of communities which they terrorize, but when they march at noon in Columbus, they will not pass.

We need all people who are able to come to Columbus on Saturday the 11th of September to show their opposition to fascism and genocide, regardless of political tendency or orientation towards struggle for a free and just world. We will be more than happy to accommodate any interested parties with housing and other accommodations for the weekend, if the need arises.

Voice your presence in the struggle against murder and hatred on Sept. 11th, and call ARA Columbus at 614.424.9074, or email ara at coil.com (or classwarb at yahoo.com if you'd like to stay at the c.w.c ghetto palace!) so that we can begin to get an idea of the numbers that will be present, and strategize against the armed invasion of our city by nazis.

* * * _________________________________________________________________

ANTI-RACIST ACTION MEMBER ARRESTED IN LOUISVILLE, KY _________________________________________________________________

(LOUISVILLE, KY) - ON August 7th, Anti-Racist Action member and anti-racist activist Greg Geisler, 22, was arrested and imprisoned while a crowd of local onlookers witnessed an all to frequent scene in America. "I will BREAK your arms, do you understand me?" shouted a Louisville police officer while arresting Geisler under a city *MENACING* ordinance, meant to protect residents from the racist terror of the KKK.

Greg, who is a sophomore at Ohio State University, majoring in Criminology and Economics has no criminal history, and has never been arrested.

A Louisville based arts production company that was performing a play based on the life of Jesus, had experienced trouble with the Klan the previous week, when they arrived in full regalia, intent on physically shutting intimidating and harassing attendees, and violating the free speech rights of local Louisville residents by shutting down the play.

The racist Klan in question, the American Knights of the KKK, is a violent and criminal organization, led by one Jeff Barry of Butler, Indiana. Butler has been charged by law enforcement with Home Improvement Fraud, a Class C felony, as well as battery of an infant child, who Barry picked up with his TEETH.

Greg, and other anti-racist activist from Columbus Ohio, Louisville, and Lexington, Kentucky were asked to come and perform security for the play.

Members of the Louisville Police Department were heard by several local bystanders telling members of the KKK to disperse so that the police could leave under the guise of having "dealt" with the problem, and to come back and do whatever they "needed" to do to attendees of the play, queer activist, and members of ARA.

Shortly after the police had seemingly left, the trouble began, with police waiting in the wings hoping for an attack against the anti-racist and playgoers, and opting for an arrest and intimidation when it became apparent that this would not happen.

Members of the Louisville Police Department have suffered disciplinary action for their part in the racist movement, and attacks on minorities in the Louisville community.

Nearly halfway through the production, a cadre of paramilitarily dressed Klansmen, sporting clean shaven heads, full tattoo sleeves, and weighing nearly 250 lbs. each came marching down the streets in block formation to shut down the play. Anti-Racist Activists, and concerned neighbors (mostly teenagers and elderly folks) formed a line to block the Klan from intimidating or hurting anyone nearby.

Because of the violent history of the Klan, and obvious relationship with the Louisville P.D., anti-racists wore bandannas to prevent the fascists from learning their identities. This was the justification of Greg's set-up arrest for "menacing". The Louisville police, who apparently knew members of the KKK from OUT OF STATE on a first name basis also charged Greg with carrying a concealed deadly weapon, which was nothing more than a key-chain, which can be purchased at many stores across the country. He was jailed on a cash only bond, while the Klan was allowed to leave in peace.

During his incarceration, Greg was held in a cell with no running water, denied NECESSARY medical treatment and attention, and was humiliated and had his freedom stripped from him for the crime of helping Louisville residents defend their freedom to assemble, and right to free speech.

Now, he is facing serious criminal charges, which could drastically alter the course of his life.

We are asking all people who oppose the racism and terror of the KKK and believe in free speech to contact the Jefferson County prosecutors office at: and demand that all charges against Greg be dropped.

In the meantime, Greg is facing a lengthy and expensive court battle. If you are able, please send contributions to his defense fund, c/o ARA Columbus.

Show the Klan that racist terror will not be tolerated in our communities, and send a clear message to the Louisville Police Department that collaboration with these types of organizations will not be tolerated any longer.

AFIB Editor's Note: For further information on Greg

Geisler's case please contact ARA-Louisville; PO Box 4964;

Louisville, KY 40204-0964; E-mail: louara at hotmail.com; Web:

http://louara.cjb.net

* * *

SHUT DOWN THE KLAN

Kettering OH: August 28th

Orlando FL: August 28th

Columbus OH: September 11th

Corydon IN: September 11th

Steubenville OH: October 2nd

Stop the Aryan Nation's march! September 4th, Coeur D'Alene

Idaho*

End the Attack on Iraq! Solidarity with the Iraqi people!

Stop the Bombing! End the Sanctions!

Demand an end to US/NATO Imperialism in the Balkans! Bring

the Troops home now!

Act Now and Take to the Streets to Demand Freedom for Mumia

Abu-Jamal! Free Mumia!!!! Free all Political Prisoners and

Prisoners of War!

First Justice...................Then Peace!

* AFIB Editor's Note: According to "mainstream" press

reports, the Aryan Nations have cancelled the Coeur D'Alene

march on September 4th.

* * *

ANTIFA INFO-BULLETIN (AFIB)

750 La Playa # 730

San Francisco, California 94121

E-Mail: tburghardt at igc.org

*

On PeaceNet visit ANTIFA INFO-BULLETIN on pol.right.antifa

Via the Web --> http://burn.ucsd.edu/~aff/afib.html

Archive --> http://burn.ucsd.edu/~aff/afib-bulletins.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Grassroots Media Network http://www.onr.com/user/gnn

To recieve daily general news or queer news posts please send a message to gnn at grassrootsnews.org with "add me to gnnnews" (for general news) or "add me to queernews" (for queer news) in the subject line.

The GMN supports the following organizations:

http://www.koop.org - KOOP Radio http://www.koop.org/news.html - KOOP Daily News http://www.onr.com/user/gnn/comite - Comité de Solidaridad con Chiapas y México http://www.onr.com/user/gnn/film - Grassroots Film & Video Festival Pueblos Unidos Community Center & The Tejano Artists Museum

*Grassroots Media Network, Grassroots News Network, Queer News Network, Grassroots Film & Video Festival, Grassroots Culture Jam, and Theoretical Ammo are trademarks of the Grassroots Media Network