Single-Payer National Health Insurance

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed Aug 25 10:28:44 PDT 1999

> Failure of the
> Hillary initiative floundered on the delusions of the
> WH that they could outsmart and steamroll everyone else
> with their 'manhattan project' plan ...
> Could be some sin of pride involved here.

Hillary's arch-alchemist for healthcare policy, Ira Magaziner, was an undergraduate at Brown Univ. when I there also. Even then, he was an object of awe -- the prime mover of curricular reform, treated as a god by students and faculty alike. I could never understand what the fuss was about; his supposed charisma and piercing intellect were invisible to me then and remain so.

Carl