planning

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Aug 26 22:41:53 PDT 1999

eb: Carroll, descending from the mount, tablets in hand, hath spaketh:

>There are innumerable forms of planning (as of any other human
>activity) which don't work, and one of those kinds is planning
>planning in advance.

Indeed, forsake and forsooth. Of course, under really-existing communism, it was demonstrated that planning in advance was infeasible, so we witnessed the new institution of planning in retrospect.

On the other hand, in empirical research it is a commonplace that predicting the future is easy; what's difficult is predicting the past.

I predict that in about three weeks, a certain Brit named Mark Jones will experience some modest pangs of embarrassment. The first person who can remember why will be awarded some of the spoils of war, assuming Cmde. Jones is a honorable man and there are some spoils to be had.

Nostradamus