Gore: creationism OK

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 26 23:54:46 PDT 1999

Michael Perelman wrote:
>Actually, Gore et al. are working hard to create difficulties for those
>who intend to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I hope you're right, but you may be optimistic. Since serious arguments have been advanced by a significant number of leftists for compromises on the issues of women's rights in reproductive politics, death penalty, etc. in the interest of the allegedly larger good, why should they not also argue for compromises on the science vs. creationism issue? They may very well argue, using the same logic, that there are lots of potentially "economically progressive" people who are creationists. And, as a matter of fact, compromises on this issue would create far less hardships for the working class than the ones periodically suggested on left e-lists.

Yoshie