Gore: creationism OK

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 27 08:34:20 PDT 1999

Max B. Sawicky wrote:

>The exclusion of religion from public education, by which
>I do NOT mean from science courses, has gone
>way overboard, leading to profound ignorance of it. I don't
>think this is a good thing.

On the one hand you (rightly) say the U.S. is one of the most professedly religious countries in the world. On the other, you say we're profoundly ignorant of religion. Either ignorance breeds faith, or the religions themselves are doing a very bad job of educating their congregants. Which is it?

Doug