Who is Stratfor?

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Sat Aug 28 20:55:06 PDT 1999

G'day Paula and Michael,

Stratfor's free e-mail updates are great at telling you stuff you don't know, and their analyses are always well thought-out, too. I don't care who they are, and must admit to having become something of an addict. We grown-ups have our filters in place by now, eh?

And their stuff on Eastern Europe indicates a resurgence of nationalistic leftism likely to transform quite a few parliaments there (including those of some NATO members). Perhaps NATO wants a quasi-cold war environment for its own institutional reasons, I dunno. If not, US foreign policy is yet again shitting its nest (and those of all the rest of us - perched as they are on the branches below). And 'Europe's' shot at continental hegemony seems to have hit the wall, too.

Cheers, Rob.