GDP is unscientific and unfair for poorpeople.

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Tue Aug 31 04:54:09 PDT 1999

Chang, I don't think that anyone thinks that GDP is a perfect measure of economic performance. GDP is only a tool for making gross calculations about accepted measurable quantities and their increase or decrease in relation to each other. Even among professionals there are differences of opinion on how some of these quantities should be calculated in relation to each other--note the thread on software as capital on this list.

Tom Lehman