Facing "facts" with fantasy

Martin Schiller mart555 at inow.com
Tue Aug 31 12:00:10 PDT 1999

Martin Schiller said on 8/30/99 4:56 PM

>I've been building on my own thoughts. No cheap crit's *.
>
>Out of the planning differences and the abortion differences threads I
>think that the goal of a society in which women didn't fear motherhood
>would be a bridge across all difference. The goal becomes the icon of
>value.

So, what would it take to turn the "fearless mother" into an icon capable of focusing the energy of the bulk of society.

The division of right to life vs choice has demonstrated the power of the issue to motivate. Defining the issues that cause women to fear mothering is academic. Effecting the economic changes to bring change is bureaucratic.

Would the "fearless mother" operate as a bridge between rtl and choice, church and liberal thought? Is it an image that could serve

Martin