GDP & Nathan's Union Website

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Tue Aug 31 12:08:20 PDT 1999

Time out Wojtek. We are talking about a Chinese physician here who is questioning an American economic tool. For all we know in China the GDP maybe being accepted as gospel by the powers to be and not as a powerful tool with recognized limitations open for debate.

Nice job Nathan! It's hartening to see youth taking an interest in organized labor. Down at my old alma matter Rattlesnake U. the "utes" have been suggesting that I come down and referee the annual co-ed mud wrestling contest. My main condition of involvement is that the mud wrestling contest be moved back to its original location on the banks of the Elk river. Rather than using those silly inflatable wading pools used in recent years. Of course there is a safety factor here and I would not advise using the Elk before or right after a big rain. They have had a big drought in WV this summer and I don't know what condition the Elk river is in and I did read that someone drove their car into it not too long ago and drowned. Using the Kanawha river might be a little tricky because the banks are steep and there are rocks and not much mud. Also, Governor Underwood might not enjoy seeing scantily clad college students humping along the river bank across from his office. Of course if you use the silly wading pools the Governor will get an eye full anyway! Then again the banks of the Elk river up around Coonskin might be a better place to look for fossilised ass cheek imprints left by previous Rattlesnakes. So I may reconsider my position about the silly wading pools--particularly after the little incident last Friday involving Ken Hechler.

Keep up the good work,

Tom Lehman