GDP is unscientific and unfair for poor people.

Fabian Balardini balardini at angelfire.com
Tue Aug 31 15:11:36 PDT 1999

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:24:23 Doug Henwood wrote:

>Marxists love to play with the categories of national income
>accounting, but I can't imagine any who'd denounce the general
>project as fraudulent crap.

so what is your alternative to handle data then????

You are the one who prefer burgeois categories as opposed to marxist categories derived from them, as you have made clear a while ago on the exchange on productive labor. This means that you believe everything is fine with the Keynesian categories and the theoretical framework behind the measurement of GDP. I don't understand why you now turn around and accuse Marxist economists of 'toying' around with these categories when you are doing the same or worse because you are not even challenging these categories.

Fabian