No subject

DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com DENNIS_CLAXTON at fragomen.com
Wed Dec 1 11:39:10 PST 1999

Yoshie wrote:

>Sure, I read newspapers, all sorts of books & articles, watch many movies,

etc., and it appears that most LBO-talkers do so as well (most leftists are

very well read, if nothing else), but that's neither here nor there.

so I have another question. maybe I'm misunderstanding but I get the impression you want to suggest that a whole bunch of writing you subsume under a postmodern umbrella can be harmful and stifling to effective opposition politics. I agree that people evoke pomo/poststructural authorities to say a lot of stupid stuff, but does that discount the whole project (if that's the right word), and isn't that project less monolithic than you suggest?