seattle

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Wed Dec 1 18:56:53 PST 1999

[well, brad, for the formation of a New International, of course! there are reports of demos in rome, amsterdam, berlin, in cyberspace (a virtual sit-in for eg)... many more coming through. - Angela]

a fwd from the No-WTO list:

I'd like to remind people, especially Americans, that this is not the beggining. J18 was 5 times bigger as far as I can tell and I'm in the middle of it all at the Independent Media Center in downtown Seattle. This was not 100 cities world wide. We've got more immediate history behind us than N30!

And I'd like to say that Amerika is the most facist country I've ever been in. They have just declared it illegal to carry sell or buy a gas mask in Seattle. I've known that this country has always had very subtle ways of white washing and oppressing but now I've seen some of the most blatantly fascist stuff too.

Let the movement be as transnational as capital and let Amerika realise it when it is.

On to May Day 2000 (the next day of action the international community can do on a mass scale and is focusing on) 12:12