Agent Provocateurs- view from the Right

Jean-Christophe Helary helary at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 1 19:26:46 PST 1999

> Some comments on the vandals in Seattle from freerepublic.com (an
> interesting convergence on a lot of speculation from the Left.):
>
> "So, the police turn a blind eye to the hoodlums and allow them to run amok
> to create the pretext and justification for cracking down hard on the far
> greater mass of peaceful law abiding protesters. Meanwhile, the pro-WTO
> corporate big media machine distorts reality by painting the entire lot of
> protesters as lawless vandals, justifying in the public's mind even more
> draconian and extreme police state tactics against them.
> Who is more lawless, the protesters or the so-called law enforcers?

Civil emergency declared in Seattle

By TOSHIO JO

Asahi Evening News

http://www.asahi.com/english/enews/enews.html#enews_26253

Besides this, I just read the editorial of this week's Economist : Nov 27th "Storm over globalisation", I thought it was funny they mentioned that "Europe and Japan should dismantle their farm protection..." when in Harper's (this month ?) there is a fully documented piece on the Sugar industry in the States. All the rest of the editorial is full of similar contradictions and even worse...

Yours,

Jean Christophe Helary