seattle

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Dec 2 10:33:45 PST 1999

Christian,

This is one of my favorite passages from Marx. (And I loved a free tranlation of the first part in MR some years ago: "Since it is not our thing to write recipes for the cookshops of the future") But I have always considered it the point of departure for the reject ion of utopianism, not as utopian itself. Please explain.

Carrol