FW: in defense of opportunism/hating the white working class

Thu Dec 2 13:23:39 PST 1999

And "Workers of the West , it's our turn"

or "lets pass a constitutional amendment for a right to a job".

or " support the striking Detroit newspaper workers"

or articles by David Bacon and Victor Perlo.

or "All power to the People"

>>> "Steve Perry" <sperry at usinternet.com> 11/27/99 11:15AM >>>
and periodic clucking about the distressing proportion of them who apparently believe that jesus will be back any day now.

nice.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Perry [mailto:sperry at usinternet.com] Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 10:14 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: FW: in defense of opportunism/hating the white working class

to the end, i should have appended: "except as a subject of vague anthropological interest, under thread titles that usually include the words 'white trash."

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Perry [mailto:sperry at usinternet.com] Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 10:11 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: in defense of opportunism/hating the white working class

if you can tear yourself away from zizek for a moment, doug, i believe you'll see that his notes on larry pratt are not exactly the only thing ac has written on the subject of the folks who congregate around militia gatherings, and it's disingenuous in the extreme to continually invoke him as you do. the distaste and distrust for the white working class i infer from the sum of criticisms of cockburn, and more pointedly from their absence here as a subject of inquiry.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 10:01 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: in defense of opportunism/hating the white working class