[Fwd: Re: WTO Webcasts]

Katha Pollitt kpollitt at thenation.com
Fri Dec 3 09:21:02 PST 1999

frances bolton wrote:

> Email pal Lehman wrote:
>
> >One of the more amusing WTO webcasts from Seattle I've seen, had a
> >middle-aged version of Monica Lewinsky talking about "how much small
> >business needs the WTO."
> >
> Middle aged version of Monica Lewinsky? Jesus fucking christ. After reading
> your stuff for so long, I can't tell if this is one of your frequent
> anti-woman comments, or one of your frequent anti-semitic comments. Or both.
>
> Frances

Obviously, tom means: a charming and delightful woman, ripe with experience and wisdom, and seeming to carry in her warm brown eyes and noble forehead the whole history of her noble and ancient forebears, who were founding a deep and glorious religio-ethical tradition when the ancestors of today's WASPS were painting themselves blue.

right?

Katha