TNR Means of Dissent by Charles Duhigg

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 4 11:17:38 PST 1999

Peter Kilander wrote:

> But the mantra won't suffice; the spineless magazine
> needs to quarantine and sanatize what happened.

Such accusations as "spineless," "stupid," "incompetent," etc. ought to be reserved for (a) people or organizations really on *our* side or (b) actions by the enemy that aid us. The New Republic fits neither classification. It is not spineless, it is courageous in its fight for evil. The same is true of Clinton. He is clearly, once you grant his purposes (the aid and encouragement of the depredations of U.S. capital on the people of the U.S. and the world), it is easy to see that he has been one of the most effective (intelligent and courageous) of U.S. presidents.

Know your Enemy.

Carrol