Race Evolution & Behavior

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sun Dec 5 11:21:12 PST 1999

Kelley:
> was transaction ever connected with telos?

At one time, *Telos* critical theory and phenomenology would have mixed with Transaction postivist social science like oil and water.

But I haven't read copy of Telos since early 1980s and understand there have been some changes, one of which is that it also publishes journal associated with National Council on American Foreign Policy created by Hans Morgenthau whose late 1940s book _Politics Among Nations_ influenced generation of Cold War international relations people. And Transaction founder Irving Louis Horowitz moved towards right over years, so much so, in fact, that he is on editorial board of journal *Independent Review* published by Independent Institute. In addition to books, Transaction puts out journal *Society* which has taken to publishing likes of Charles Murray (who has kindred spirits at II).

So while I don't think there has ever been a Telos-Transaction connection, maybe some kind of cosmic convergence is taking place. Michael Hoover