Race Evolution & Behavior

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Dec 5 14:16:29 PST 1999

Kelley:
> was transaction ever connected with telos?

Missed that when it first appeared. Thanks to Michael Hoover, for his comments, to which I'd add, that when Telos was based in St. Louis, at Washington University, Sociology Dept. where I.L. Horowitz was Dept. chair, relations between the Telosians and Horowitz were far from collegial. When the lefties at the Sociology Dept. were purged, and Paul Piccone didn't get the tenure he deserved he moved Telos to NYC.

Horowitz is a card for sure. Now he contributes to Commentary and that journal the neo-con, National Academy of Scholars, put out, Academic Contentions(???). Across the room in my bookstacks, I have his edited collection of C. W. Mills essays. I even remember that he wrote a few pieces for the Old Left journal, Science & Society in the 50's, but so did A.James Gregor, who really is a diehard believer in eugenics and the whole Rushton/Schockley/Bell Curve racist BS. For details on Gregor cf. the web site of the Institute for the Academic Study of Racism. Gregor has taught in the PoliSci Dept. at Cal. Berkeley, which except for Michael Rogin, was/is(???) right-wingers and Cold War Libs. He has a book with the delicious title, "The Fascist Persuasion In Radical Politics," which one of these days I'll give a look see to.

Michael Pugliese