Katha Pollitt in Free Inquiry

Katha Pollitt kpollitt at thenation.com
Mon Dec 6 13:40:28 PST 1999

Wow--james, I think you're the first person i've encountered who subscribes to Free Inquiry. The editor, lewis Vaughn wrote that wonderful book, "How to think about Weird things." Wendy Kaminer is also going to be writing a column for them, btw.

My sweetie's students at fourth-tier Adelphi U are complete relativists. right you are if you think you are. Everything is just opinion. So, if we all agree that Susie isn't really here in this room, she's not really here? That's right. And if some of us think she's here and others don't, then she's here for some and not for others? That's right. They don't really believe this, I suspect,since they're not crazy, but that's what they say.

katha