Seattle anecdote

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com
Wed Dec 8 00:14:53 PST 1999

>On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:33:31 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>writes:
>>Apparently the special WTO issue of the Nation, free copies of which
>>were distributed all over Seattle last week, was put to many uses. A
>>long-time Nation subscriber reports:
>>
>>>by wednesday night, both the cops and the protestors were losing
>>patience.
>>>as one seattle officer roughed up a protestor he was arresting,
>>several
>>>protestors in the scrum began shouting at the officer and beating him
>>>with -- yes, you guessed it -- rolled up copies of The Nation.

>I am glad to find that The Nation is good for something.

>Jim F.

Hey, don't knock it, it might be *very* good for this purpose. The Nation is just the right size, weight and paper type to be folded into a "Millwall Brick", which can be a pretty nasty offensive weapon in the right hands. Strangely, there don't seem to be any instructions on the Net for the creation of a millwall brick -- all there is are a couple of sites for some ska band, which might or might not be Nazis. But basically, you have to fold your copy of the Nation to a third of its width, then fold the resulting long thin tube in half. You keep the two folded ends in your hand, and bash the cop with the corners.

cheers

dd

>Doug

_____

This email is confidential to the ordinary user of the

e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you are not

the intended recipient, please notify the sender

immediately on (44) 171 638 5858 and delete the message

from all locations in your computer. You should not copy

this email or use it for any purpose, or disclose its

contents to any person : to do so may be unlawful.

Email is an informal method of communication and is

subject to possible data corruption, either accidentally

or on purpose. Flemings is unable to exercise control

over the content of information contained in

transmissions made via the Internet. For these reasons

it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information

contained on email without obtaining written confirmation

of it.

_____