Is the Coalition Falling Apart?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 8 13:51:02 PST 1999

It sort of looks like it is.

Item: I would take silence on the part of Chuck0 and Eric to indicate that their answer is "No" to the Question: Will anarchists unite with non-anarchists?

Item: Two groups of anarchists have declared each other incompatible and apparently will no longer work with each other.

Item: According to a number of recent posts on pen-l major parts of the coalition (Labor and dogmatic supporters of labor) have already decided that the next target will be China.

Item: Someone recently mentioned planning for demonstrations at the Republican National Convention.

The question seems to be not whether the Seattle Coalition will hold together but whether in the next several years it will be possible to build any other coalition half as big. The Seattle Coalition is already unravelling.

I would like to point out for the record that those plunging ahead dogmatically on their own, ignoring all other coalition participants, are everyone but marxists.

Carrol