Grumpy lefties and VENONA

Jacob Segal jsegal at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 8 17:18:53 PST 1999

>Katha:
>>It is too late now to claim that whatever Julius did was trivial, or
>>even a good idea.
>
>I was born in 1964. By your standard, it's too late for me to discuss much
>of anything in history!
>
>Yoshie

Too late perhaps in terms of the accumulation of evidence against the Rosenbergs and Hiss. Leftists should just the admit the facts are true.

And was giving Stalin nuclear secrets such a great idea? Isn't that part of the problem, that US communists, despite their progressive work, did not understand Stalin's Russia for what it was.

Jacob