Fwd: THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT....

Mr P.A. Van Heusden pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 05:33:15 PST 1999

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com wrote:

> Worth remembering that the 1st of May will be a Bank Holiday, according
>
> to my diary, so if you're planning on coming to the City, you may find
>
> it lacking in atmosphere. The pubs will all be shut too.

Many people, after J18, noted that capitalism is not just finance capital, so the City is not always the target. (Personally, I still like the idea of surrounding Murdoch's 'Fortress Wapping', but no-one seems to have taken that one up)

As for the pubs - I guess that makes it a 'bring your own booze' event.

Peter P.S. The people talking about MayDay 2000 are talking about a couple of days of events - this is presumably because of problems like the Bank Holiday. -- Peter van Heusden : pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk : PGP key available Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. - Karl Marx

NOTE: I do not speak for the HGMP or the MRC.