[PEN-L:14538] Anarchism vs. Marxism-Leninism

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Fri Dec 10 07:47:45 PST 1999

I don't make any claims as to the goodness of the soviet union. However, there was a lot of new and good work done in the arts in the USSR in the early 1920s. Perhaps there was a flowering, all the sadder in terms of what happened later. BTW you might want to read some of the things Louis Proyect has written on the subject. He is certainly not a Stalinist if that is what is being implied.

michael yates