Fw: NYC MAYDAY 2K

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Dec 10 07:12:47 PST 1999

>I don't mean for a second there should be no demo's
>in NYC. But for one similar to Seattle that can be used
>to justify police violence, we'd do well to have some
>serious forces on our side. The result would be
>Armageddon, but it would be worth it. I'm not sure
>the sit-downers, by themselves, could have coped with
>RG.
>
>mbs

By serious *forces* I assume you mean serious *numbers.* The most effective protest against NYC police brutality, following the shooting of Amadou Diallo earlier this year, was when protesters offered themselves up for arrest en masse, making the police look silly and clogging the legal system.

Carl

numbers, organization, discipline, enthusiasm, and a good message.

mbs