[Fwd: Ceremonies of Innocence, or, a Secret Affinity with theLynchers]

Alexandre Fenelon sfenelon at africanet.com.br
Sat Dec 11 08:07:58 PST 1999

At 20:36 10/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>>the topic
>>isn't so far from the question we are discussing. You're saying that a
>>A-Bomb in hands of Stalin's USSR is a bad thing and I think the evil
>>resides in the monopoly of this kind of weapon.
>>
>> Alexandre
>
>Yup. I think that giving the #2 mass murderer of all time nuclear
>weapons was a bad thing, and you... don't.
>
>That's pretty clear to me by now.
>

>Brad DeLong

Stalin's possession of A-bombs was, no doubt, better than any kind of A-Bombs monopoly, althought Stalin's monopoly of A-Bombs could be even worse than US monopoly. At least the USSR never used their bombs, like the USA. I'm not certain that Stalin is the #2 of this century. The Great Famine of China (59-61) killed more people than all the Soviets governments (30 million vs. 15-20 millions), so Stalin would be in third place. I don't know the exact number of victims of the Japanese imperialism, Chinese Kuomintang or Belgian occupation in former Zaire. Those guys were not very different from Stalin. The WWI also killed many people as a result of imperial ambitions of "western democracies"-10 million of militaries, and I don't know how many civilians from famine or disease. A final question: What counties do you thing has the right to A-Bombs. This discussion is somewhat futile because USSR would have achieved the A-Bomb with or withouth Rosenberg.

Alexandre