nz greens

Bill Cochrane billc at waikato.ac.nz
Mon Dec 13 15:05:42 PST 1999

Gidday John
> G'dday Bill (two 'd's in NZ and one in OZ?),
Na- well known fact that Australians are about as good a spelling as they are at being humble
> Russell and yourself are starting to bring me over (must have been the
> effect of Seattle on me). Also, certainly the history and role of the
> German Gruenen and B90/Gruenen tends to discredit all political Greens.
Given my regulation school leanings I've still got a soft spot for Alain Lipietz so I've got a wee bit of sympathy for the french greens who at least seem to have some sort of overall plan. Lipietz has an interesting and in places weird web site at http://perso.club-internet.fr/lipietz/Index.htm. Particularly worth looking at is the piece by Kerry Whiteside - Regulation, Ecology, Ethics: The Red-Green Politics of Alain Lipietz . I suppose also worth a lokk are his books " Green Hopes : The Future of Political Ecology" and "Towards a New Economic Order : Postfordism, Ecology and Democracy (Europe and the International Order) ". Personally I think his best stuff was written when he was unambiguously working within the marxian tradition. Cheers Bill