Is There Too Much Venture Capital?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 13 14:54:18 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> . Good thing Jordan's convinced us it could go on
> for years - otherwise, the collapse of the IPO madness could have
> major real-world effects!

I would like to see the "otherwise" argument worked out in detail. It sounds right, but I don't know enough about technical economics to see exactly how it would work. I've seen some posts that argued the dot.com bubble was more or less self-contained and that its inevitable crash would not have real world effects unless the players in it had borrowed too much.

Carrol