[Fwd: Ceremonies of Innocence, or, a Secret Affinity with theLynchers]

Mon Dec 13 15:03:02 PST 1999

>Charles: Good thing the Soviets got the bomb when the most the U.S.
>with its history of genocide against Indigenous peoples, slavery
>against Africans, Jim Crow, dropping the bomb on the Japanese had
>it. I trust Stalin more than Harry Truman .
>
>CB

How many people would Stalin have to have killed before you would trust him *less* than Harry Truman? I mean, if 20 million plus doesn't do it, what number would?

Brad DeLong, who had thought that there would be general agreement that a paranoid tyrant like Stalin shouldn't have the bomb...