Mark Ritchie comments...

Jeffrey St. Clair sitka at home.com
Wed Dec 15 10:38:35 PST 1999

Actually, I think Mark Ritchie is missing quite a lot, mainly because he spent so much time inside. I and many others have written extensively on the solidarity shown at the frontlines by Ecuadoran enviros fighting rainforest destruction and giant dam building schemes, Korean farmers and enviros, farmers and biotech activists from France, Ireland and Canada. Ritchie spent a lot of his time in the International Media Center harassing the French and the Ecuadorans for smoking. Solidarity, indeed, but please don't smoke on my parade.