Groundhog's Day

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Dec 15 21:00:12 PST 1999

. . . It's time to put those people who weren't on the streets (literally or spiritually) on notice: you're not going to ape solidarity with us in order to get a better bargaining position down the line. As one demonstrator in Seattle told me: "Tell that Carl Pope and John Sweeney this: either you're with us or get the fuck out of our way."--jsc

I feel for you and them, but nobody has remarked on the dilemma of a movement that is not able to garner credit for what it does, or whose efforts inherently lend themselves to others gaining and using the leverage they may create.

That's anarchism. It's implied vacuum in collective decision-making is readily filled by others, for good or for ill.

mbs