Fwd: 1999-12-15 Statement by the President on Charles Schulz

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:29:41 PST 1999

President Billy Bob proclaimed:

> The characters Charles Schulz created are more than enduring icons.

Indeed, they are virtual corporate logos. I haven't thought of anything other than MetLife on seeing Snoopy in years. It's hard to believe there was a time when this mega-marketing comic strip was seen as having inspirational qualities. There was actually a book, in the early '60s as I recall, titled _The Gospel According to Peanuts_.