Coercive Harmony

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Dec 17 03:27:10 PST 1999

>> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Jeffrey St. Clair wrote:

> They live on communes, in abandoned buildings, in
> crappy apartments, they sell t-shirts, bumperstickers, fix decrepit
> cars, grow mj, for a bare living, a minimal existence, a life devoted to
> activism. The anarchists, at least the varieties from Eugene and Reed
> College in Portland, are another species, entirely.

I know plenty of anarchist-trending folks in Eugene. They scratch out a living, somehow, make no compromises with the system, and are some of the finest human beings I know. Let's save our epithets for the real minions of Capital, please.

-- Dennis