Vote for Karl Marx!

Fri Dec 17 07:54:13 PST 1999

I'm voting for Harriet Tubman and Lenin.

When we say "millenium (a)" we are counting 2000 (1999 because Dennis the Small started the calendar without a zero) years from the approximate birth of Jesus, a man. So, lets dedicate the next two thousand years to women. The Millenia of Women. Women MMM and MMMM.

Merry X-mas , X-propriate the X-propriators

Charles X

>>> "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> 12/17/99 09:57AM >>>
> > 1a. HARRIET TUBMAN AND LENIN

1. Mahatma Gandhi
> > 2. Leonardo da Vinci
> > 3. Nelson Mandela
> > 4. Sir Isaac Newton
> > 5. Albert Einstein
> > 6. Martin Luther King
> > 7. Jesus Christ
> > 8. Sir Winston Churchill
> > 9. Charles Darwin
> > 10. Karl Marx
>
>"Real" Marxists would not seek to promote the efforts of one man over
>other equally revolutionary people.
>
>"Real" Marxists would instead be trying to bump Nelson Mandela and Martin
>Luther King up higher, along with Marx, and help keep Gandhi where he is.

No offense to Mandela, King or Gandhi, but I did just vote for Karl Marx as person of the millennium on this site for the same reason I applaud the direct-demonstrators in Seattle: This man and those demonstrators are the ones who are most disturbing to mainstream sensibilities; there is no way their message can be coopted.