Fwd: ready for massive action again!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Dec 19 08:17:03 PST 1999

[the latest on the etoy/etoys melodrama]

X-From_: mailme at www.com Sun Dec 19 02:06:12 1999 Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 08:04:55 +0100 (MET) MIME-Version: 1.0 From: blocked at etoy.com To: dhenwood at panix.com Subject: ready for massive action again! Sender: mailme at www.com

HEADLINES TODAY: business as usual?

etoy.TOYWAR affects NASDAQ ?! etoy.DNS deleted by NETWORKSOLUTIONS! THE THING NEW YORK PERSECUTED BY FBI?! etoy.TOYWAR hits CNN: WAR ON THE NET! etoy.TOYWAR enters the MOMA NY!

last saturday network solutions shut down the etoy.MAIL-SYSTEM without making any official statements and without reacting to the etoy.LAWYERS till now. this was not part of the preliminary injunction and therefore far away from being fair and legal (etoy was enjoined from "operating a web site with the domain name www.etoy.com")!

the plan was to brake down the resistance by cutting off our whole communication system by causing 90 man hours of high pressure work in order to fix the massive damages. THANK YOU & MERRY XMAS!

this is robbery of digital territory. american imperialism, corporate destruction and bulldozing in the way of the 19th century.

fortunately the internet resistance community was able to invest a huge amount of venture capital to keep up the fight which turns into an important precedence for all of us using the internet as a free and independent platform for the exchange of ideas and products of cultural value... (87 etoy.SHARE-CERTIFICATES and 290 etoy.MICROSHARE-CARDS will be delivered to new investors by the end of january 00). eToys does not understand that the net is more than a huge market place.

this battle will be posted in the schoolbooks of the next generation for people like toby lenk jr. they will learn to accept the rights of others; fundamental rights of information, fair defense and freedom of speech.

our tactical mainframes are up and running again - ready to inform users and opinion leaders world wide.

***************************************** all xy at etoy.com addresses have been temporally mapped to xy at toybomb.com (i.e. new address: mailme at toybomb.com) *****************************************

the toywar.COMMUNITY just showed that it will not let this happen.

every person who follows the etoy.ART&ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES knows that etoy uses the domain since 1995 (registration and launch of www.etoy.com) and established a valuable internet brand under the domain www.etoy.com. etoy will not switch its HQ to another address!

etoy has priority trademark rights!

the eToys lawyers know how to manipulate a state court judge with defamation (they call the etoy.ART hardcore pornography, offensive, violent etc) and how to abuse the law system by producing 40 kilograms (our attorneys have more than 350 pages document on their desks) of rhetoric material trying to attack etoy for security fraud, trademark abuse and much more. they try to keep the etoy.CREW, etoy.LAWYERS and CODERS busy and provoke enormous costs and damages for the art corporation etoy.

by spreading the information "of the upcoming release of an etoy.SHOPPER screen-saver cult software" the enemy tries to make etoy look like an illegal and irresponsible organization and to make their weak case stronger.

further the provider who hosts the network for thing.net shot down the thing network (the most courageous supporter of the etoy.TOYWAR.community in new york) for a few hours to stop the virtual sit in actions organized by other artists. eToys shows its ugly face! the playful toy retailer knows no other way to solve problems than police, lawyers, power, money and violence.

etoy can not stop the community from flooding and organizing world wide boycotts against eToys servers. this is provoked by their attitude.

eToys just toke the wrong approach to the problem! note: the scary looking etoy.AGENTS are in fact well respected INTERNATIONAL ART-BUSINESS-MEN who enjoyed many exciting & twisted ventures in the past. we do not call for illegal actions.

we politely urge eToys & network solutions to reinstall our dns root entries so the emails of our friends, sponsors, shareholders and business partners can find the way to our boxes again! we relay on this connections.

buy love - not war! your etoy.CREW

+ PRESS CONFERENCE/EVENT AT MOMA NY +

next monday (20.12.99) we will hold a press conference on the etoy domain name dispute and the future of internet art in the age of e-commerce. members of the etoy.ADVISORY-BOARD will be present. representatives from RTMark, eviltoy, praystation, smokinggun, and others announced their appearence to talk about peace & freedom in TOYLAND. several santas, a marching band, children, and stock brokers will also be present.

Museum of Modern Art Roy and Nina Titus Theater 11 West 53rd Street New York Monday, December 20, 1999, 6:30 pm -- free for anyone --