Demands made by the International Movement of Working Children

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Mon Dec 20 12:48:21 PST 1999

Demands made by the International Movement of Working Children 24 Nov. - 8 Dec. 1996# http://www.cwa.tnet.co.th/VOICE2.html

We, the working children of the Third World, propose :

1. We want recognition of our problems, our initiatives, proposals and our process of organisation.

2. We are against the boycott of products made by children.

3. We want respect and security for ourselves and the work that we do.

4. We want an education system whose methodology and content are adapted to our reality.

5. We want professional training adapted to our reality and capabilities.

6. We want access to good health care for working children.

7. We want to be consulted in all decisions concerning us, at local, national or international level.

8. We want the root causes of our situation, primarily poverty, to be addressed and tackled.

9. We want more activity in rural areas so that children do not have to migrate to the cities.

10. We are against exploitation at work but we are for work with dignity with hours adapted so that we have time for education and leisure.

The First International meeting of working children, Kundapur, India (24 Nov.-8 Dec. 1996)

Child Workers in Asia http://www.cwa.tnet.co.th/index.html