Migration, Etc. (was Re: Wen Ho Lee Support)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Dec 20 22:19:00 PST 1999

Tom, Why not, instead of putting a break on immigration, insist on the rights of all workers, 'legal' or 'illegal', to have the right to organize in a union. The way INS operates in conjuction with bosses in the US to minimize worker mobilization, it would seem, should point the labor movement in a direction other than immigration restriction...

Steve

Stephen Philion Lecturer/PhD Candidate Department of Sociology 2424 Maile Way Social Sciences Bldg. # 247 Honolulu, HI 96822