Migration, Etc. (was Re: Wen Ho Lee Support)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 21 12:45:48 PST 1999

Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

>Peter K asked
> > Rakesh, what do you think the
> >anarchists, the Ruckus Society, the campus anti-sweatshop organizers, the
> >Lesbian Avengers and the environmentalists think of Buchanan?
>
>My concern is not with all these cute people but with Hoffa, Sweeney etc
>whose practical politics and priorities dovetail with Buchanan's.

Gee, did Sweeney endorse Buchanan's call for a lifting of all U.S. economic sanctions?

Isn't this just a bit overstated, Rakesh? Does Buchanan support a higher minimum wage and reforms of U.S. labor law? Has Buchanan ever shown any support in principle or in practice for the very idea of organized labor? Has he organized any rallies that feature unionists from Mexico, Malaysia, or South Africa?

Doug