Hillary, centrist creep like her husband

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Fri Dec 24 08:25:16 PST 1999

> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:37:57 -0800
> From: michael perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu>

> I do not deny that the Clintons are creeps, but I suspect that the
> critics are correct that they are left wing Democrats. However, rather
> than stand for any of the principals that they might believe in, they
> follow the gods of expediency. It would have far more respect for them
> if I thought they were legitimate conservatives acting on their
> ill-conceived principles.

but does respect translate into voting for them and supporting them in other ways? this is where the whole boring 'inner man' obsessive discourse of american politics falls flat on its arse, imo. personally, i wouldn't care if a politician's 'innermost' self was satan incarnate, as long as his/her concrete actions were good.

cheers, t