W. F. Buckley et. al vs. paleo-cons with an assist from Abbie Hoffman's Ghost

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 25 10:30:16 PST 1999

Paleo-con advocates Abbie Hoffman, "Steal This Book" tactics against neo-con interlopers. BTW, Gottfried writes for Telos, Chronicles and other rags, and has a book from Princeton Univ. Press entitled, "After Liberalism," with blurbs from ex-Marxist-Feminist, Elizabeth Fox-Genovese, who is connected to that right-wing anti-feminist group in Wash. D.C., the Independent Womens Forum, which also includes Barbara Ledeen, wife(?) of Iran-Contra figure, Michael Ledeen. C. Hitchens back in the eighties wrote a piece on M. Ledeen, from when the venerable Partisan Review was slated to publish a Ledeen apologia for Iran-Contra in PR. Lotsa editors considered that even a bit too right-wing, including Daniel Bell, who started distancing himself from his more right neo-con brethern then. A good movie on Bell, Glazer, and Howe came out a few years back. Maybe it's on video?

Michael Pugliese

Michael Pugliese