AFL-CIO: endorse Al, stay out of jail

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 27 09:20:43 PST 1999

Though this piece doesn't mention it, Harold Ickes, Jr., 1996 Clinton campaign fund raiser/ball squeezer (if you saw any of the Senate Thompson Committee hearing on Chinese campaign cash you'll remember attack dog Ickes- (If the left has as tough a spokesperson as Ickes is for New York liberalism, I haven't heard them!), ex-White House Deputy Chief of Staff, and in tight with Hillary, has represented Arthur Coia's corrupt union. Sad that a man who was savagely beaten by Southern yahoos during the Civil Rights movement would help thugs with 335K salaries from union dues check offs.

And as far as Bradley goes he voted for Contra aid and is pro-NAFTA, WTO, etc. Cf. the Counterpunch sites article. And if "Dollar Bill" Bradley said anything close to Clinton's opportunistic bleatings "supporting" the protestors, I didn't hear it. Unless he came out for "working groups" such as at the World Bank that Alex Cockburn in his latest blast at liberalism re:WTO and pwoggy NGO's pointed out, that is. Love that Access, watch Medea Benjamin types get "a seat at the table" at a "transparent" WTO.

Michael Pugliese