AFL-CIO: endorse Al, stay out of jail

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Tue Dec 28 19:43:50 PST 1999

Doug, these anti-union right to work editorialists will never attack corporations and other malefactors. Let a labor leader make a stupid mistake or a technical error and you will never hear the end of the exaggeration.

Remember a couple of years ago when all of the LBO e-mail pals were all hot and bothered about the prospect of Junior Hoffa becoming the international president of the Teamsters. At that time I told you that Junior was not the anti-christ; even though I'm not big on dynastic succession. Like I said then and I'll say it now, I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go. The only constant is the rank and file member.

Often times unions have problems that reflect back to the type of work that they do. A good example would be a janitors, elevator operators and shoe shine boys union making the final transition to a white collar union. Their problems reflect that transition.

Tom