AFL-CIO: endorse Al, stay out of jail

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Wed Dec 29 15:03:00 PST 1999

Nathan, what makes you think Arthur Coia and Gus Bevona were stealing from the rank&file of their respective unions? Read it in a book somewhere? From what little I know, the rank and file of the laborer's union has made some real material progress under the adverse conditions of the last 20 some years! I've never heard any of my friends who are laborer's say anything bad about Arthur Coia. Matter of fact there are some things that the laborer's are doing and have been doing that I think are downright progressive and should be recognized.

Unfortunatley in the other union, and in my humble opinion, part of the transition to a white collar union meant that certain people from the old era of Janitors, Elevator Operators and Shoe Shine Boys had to go. Is this progress?

If you want to know anything ask a janitor,

Tom Lehman