Racism, Theory of

Carrol Cox carrol1930usa at netscape.net
Thu Dec 30 20:49:18 PST 1999

[The ISU Server is down and I'm writing from a temporary address. cbc]

Angela writes: "there are real limits to how we might conceive of racism (and how to fight it) in the first place, whether it be the principle of equality itself, since all notions of equality presuppose a table of comparability, a universal standard, and in the more common ways of trying to avoid this problem still repeat that universal standard, but relegate it to form rather than content (ie, pluralism)."

This is too condensed but sounds interesting. Could you expand it.

Carrol

____________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com.