Naderites Craft "Fix It or Nix It" Campaign

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Dec 31 10:12:24 PST 1999

I think you have to be careful in criticizing Ralph Nader on the basis of his source of funding. I think you can make common cause with a person on a particular issue without sharing that person's entire agenda. For example, the person in Congress who recently has been making the strongest case for personal freedom may well be Bob Barr, who may generously be characterized as a right-wing nut.

Similarly, Pat Bond, I believe, has worked closely with the Naderites on the issue of drug pricing in Africa. Perhaps some of that tainted money drifted over into that corner of Nader's operation. Does that make him suspect? I don't think so. In fact, to the best to my knowledge, Nader has done excellent work in that arena. --

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901