Cop Shows & Althusser's Law (was Re: surplus and otherstuff)

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 2 12:29:30 PST 1999

> Ideology performs a strange inversion!

Oh admit it Yoshie, you like these strange inversions. You find them pleasurable. You found you identity on them, safely distant from you as you respond to my posts always always as if I am some person you're talking about with others rather than someone you're talking to and trying to have a discussion with. I'm not inverting anything. You miss the point: Worrying about how well TeeVee represents us is NOT an especially sophisticated form of ideological critique. In other words, substitute any other worker and you'll pretty much have the same story.

And, if you could see your way clear, perhaps you could stop referring to me in the third person. I find this wholly condescending.

Smooches,